Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Zooka Guide: deploying and grouping  (Read 103 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Zooka Guide: deploying and grouping
« on: May 16, 2016, 01:00 AM »
Hi guys, so i recently posted a guide on zookas. I worked very hard on this video and made it as informative as i could.
 
  If u enjoy the video, please check out the channel or comment either on the video or on this topic and let me know your thoughts.
 
   

Zooka Guide: deploying and grouping
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 01:00 AM »
Bump. No feedback on thee video?

Zooka Guide: deploying and grouping
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 01:00 AM »
I like it. It's thorough and very informative. I believe there is whole army of new and not-so-new players that will find this very very useful. Keep em going 👏🏼💪🏼😃

Zooka Guide: deploying and grouping
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 01:00 AM »
Its ya aussie accent mate. Only kiwis can understand us most of the time. ADD is a problem for many also.
 
  Lolol.
 
  Your vid was great I thought. Be a while before I'm at the level to be able to use zookas like that. But I learned a few things just the same.
 
  Thanks for doing it.

Offline BB_theoak

Zooka Guide: deploying and grouping
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 01:00 AM »
I really liked it actually.
 
  I never "got" why I had such a hard time getting my troops to "group".  I got you had to flare in front of a target, but my huge take away was I had to make sure you flared in the range of the troop.  I think I was always flaring just out of range and hence when my troops got there, they would spread out or move up and out of the smoke I had placed and get killed.  What a world of difference flaring just a little closer can make!
 
  I actually took a resource base that was level 60 (see my troop details in my sig) with RZM.  The guy came back with level 18 Z's and level 19 H's.  However, he left the resource base with a target close to the beach and a nice pocket by the resource to place my Z's.  I messed up the smoking on the landing a bit ... but ... wow ... they grouped beautifully!  I then smokey marched the girls all the way to the back and the resource base is now mine!  It felt good
 
  Granted, my Z's are only level 14, and my opponent's are level 18, so obviously they are many levels ahead of me and there is no way I will be able to keep the resource base ... but it felt good taking it down with smokey Z's.

Zooka Guide: deploying and grouping
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 01:00 AM »
Nice video.  You explained things very well and I look forward to watching your next one on actually getting them to their target.
 
  I've never tried smokey hooka but hopefully I'll learn it sometime.
 
  Thanks for sharing.

Zooka Guide: deploying and grouping
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2016, 01:00 AM »
As constructive criticism, did you happen to check out your YouTube competition for what you could do differently, or better, to gain more "market share"? If you don't care about viewership and just like making videos, carry on as you were.  
 
  For smoky troops, Savage Warrior comes to mind for high production quality, informative content (seemingly scripted), and QUICK-to-the-point tutorials. IMO, do it better than him and you will really be onto something. Good luck!

Zooka Guide: deploying and grouping
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2016, 01:00 AM »
Boomshaka: my "competition as it were got exposure in there own ways. Advertising, being a former world #1, or in reversals case playing a game know one else was.
 
  In either case i love making videos. Fame if i ever get it, is a bonus.
 
  Azrial: im glad u liked it. Im working hard, hopefully i can complete the next one in a reasonable amount of time
 
  Mithril: yeah i thought it would be good for some new players.
 
  Eddiesalita: no probs, glad it helped u mate
 
  theoak: im glad it was alot of help for u mate grouping up troops closer to buildings is a really big help as u have discovered and it gives so much more control

Zooka Guide: deploying and grouping
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2016, 01:00 AM »
I liked the video and learned a few things that will come in handy I've dabbled a bit with smokey zooka before so the interesting points came towards the end. I would very much like to see you make a video about pathing.
  Regarding the video in general, I would advise you to prepare more in advance with what you are going to say. You seem uncertain at times, a high frequency of "eeh" between sentences and you take your time to get to the point. Other than that, nice video, I've subscribed and looking forward to more content

Zooka Guide: deploying and grouping
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2016, 01:00 AM »
I liked your video but it was a bit lengthy.  The main thing I learned from this that I didn't know already (watched a bunch of Savage Warrior videos on Zookas) was the beach landing you showed at around 9 1/2 min in.  I tend to screw up my landings b/c I'm not fast enough switching btw smokes and flares or I run through the smoke too fast before I get another smoke down.  Granted, I'm only level 42 and my smokes are short (only one upgrade on them).
 
  I've tried to do the landing with a bunch of smokes, dropping maybe 3 smokes, then four LCs of Zookas as you've done, then more smokes, more zookas, the flare runs out and everything turns to ♥♥♥♥.  I like the idea of one smoke (maybe 2 for me b/c the duration is much shorter), followed up with all four landing craft at the end.  
 
  I'll have to practice that but it's promising.

Zooka Guide: deploying and grouping
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2016, 01:00 AM »
It was awesome, keep it coming. Thanks!

Zooka Guide: deploying and grouping
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2016, 01:00 AM »
    
       
          
                        
                Quote Originally Posted by xrayextra                 View Post              
             
I liked your video but it was a bit lengthy.  The main thing I learned from this that I didn't know already (watched a bunch of Savage Warrior videos on Zookas) was the beach landing you showed at around 9 1/2 min in.  I tend to screw up my landings b/c I'm not fast enough switching btw smokes and flares or I run through the smoke too fast before I get another smoke down.  Granted, I'm only level 42 and my smokes are short (only one upgrade on them).
 
  I've tried to do the landing with a bunch of smokes, dropping maybe 3 smokes, then four LCs of Zookas as you've done, then more smokes, more zookas, the flare runs out and everything turns to ♥♥♥♥.  I like the idea of one smoke (maybe 2 for me b/c the duration is much shorter), followed up with all four landing craft at the end.  
 
  I'll have to practice that but it's promising.
                  
    
 
Wow thanks. Thats a big compliment. The fact youve watched savage warrior and i could teach u something he couldnt.
 
  Also its worth noting. If u do my first beach style landing. U can deploy two lc. Then a smoke ect... ending up requireing 3 smokes. Its a good way to combat the smoke timer.
 
  Also i do lengthy guides on purpose. Basically as a content creater i have 2 options. I can make a video into a few parts forcing u to watch many videos. (Like savage warrior). Or i can cover a heap of stuff in 1 video. I try to keep it within 20 minutes if i can.
 
 
    
       
          
                        
                Quote Originally Posted by OPPOP                 View Post              
             
It was awesome, keep it coming. Thanks!
                  
    
 
Glad u liked buddy.
 
 
    
       
          
                        
                Quote Originally Posted by Standah                 View Post              
             
I liked the video and learned a few things that will come in handy I've dabbled a bit with smokey zooka before so the interesting points came towards the end. I would very much like to see you make a video about pathing.
  Regarding the video in general, I would advise you to prepare more in advance with what you are going to say. You seem uncertain at times, a high frequency of "eeh" between sentences and you take your time to get to the point. Other than that, nice video, I've subscribed and looking forward to more content
                  
    
 
Im glad the video helped. Although i do prepare for my videos. Something i dont mention is my memory is shocking. So although ive planned and practised ill forget half way into a topic everything i was gonna say.
 
  Im sure as i grow, ill get better at it. In terms of getting to the point i think thats more how i describe things lol.

Zooka Guide: deploying and grouping
« Reply #12 on: Oct 18, 2017, 01:00 AM »
Nice video. You explained things very well and you speak slowly for my french ears I look forward to watching your next one.

Zooka Guide: deploying and grouping
« Reply #13 on: Nov 12, 2017, 12:00 AM »
Nice explanation/advise.  Very informative and beneficial.  Thanks!

Zooka Guide: deploying and grouping
« Reply #14 on: Nov 19, 2017, 12:00 AM »
    
       
          
                        
                Quote Originally Posted by Aboucartoon                 View Post              
             
Nice video. You explained things very well and you speak slowly for my french ears I look forward to watching your next one.
                  
    
 
Thanks glad u enjoyed the video. I try extra hard on my guides so that everyone can understand. Glad to see that worked.
 
  This is an old video however. I did wind up making the next video. U can see it here
  https://youtu.be/rr90hCiugeI
 
  Hope u enjoy it
 
    
       
          
                        
                Quote Originally Posted by Wing318                 View Post              
             
Nice explanation/advise.  Very informative and beneficial.  Thanks!
                  
    
 
No probs mate. Glad it helped u out