Some observations that what I am doing is based on:
- As long as the daily event is on your map, it increases your PvP invasion chance (the one exception to this is Hammerman Strikes Back)
- Spawns seem to happen more when you are offline
- Only do two raiding sessions per day. Other than that stay offline unless you need to start another statue build. Try to do the raid sessions about 12 hours apart
- While using this protocol, you will be going to your radar a lot to monitor how long before your next spawn chance and what you Invasion Chance is.
Morning raid session:
- Boost any statues you want to boost
- Clear all PvPs. Leave the NPCs alone while clearing PvPs.
- Once all PvPs are clear, clear all but three NPCs (with the daily event on your map you will have a PvP Invasion Chance of 16% and an NPC Invasion Chance of 9%... a 7% difference). Leave these 3 NPCs alone for the duration of your boost.
- For the duration of your boost, check the game every 18 minutes to see if you have any spawns. Other than that, stay off the game. Clear any new spawns as they appear, leaving just the three NPCs, then get off the game ASAP. I will typically pick up 2-4 PvPs per session at this stage.
- For some reason, when using this protocol, the spawns seem to come quickly towards the end of the boost. As an example, I had three spawns in the final hour of last night’s boost session.
- You want to be offline when the spawn checks happen.
After your morning boosts expire:
- Clear the 3 NPC you saved for your boost session
- Stay off the game with the exception of starting new statue builds. Resist the urge to “peek”
Evening raid session:
- Follow the same protocol as the morning boost session
After your evening boosts expire:
- DO NOT clear the three saved NPCs
- Stay off the game with the exception of starting new statue builds. Resist the urge to peek
Before the daily event expires or you go to bed:
- Clear the 3 NPC that you saved
- Clear the daily event
Next day: wash, rinse, repeat.
I have been using this protocol since November and have experienced reasonably consistent results. What it does is attempt to give you a more advantageous PvP Invasion Chance. It is not perfect. Some days are better than others, but I have a consistent positive VP trend. Play around with this and pay attention to the Invasion Chance every time you clear a PvP or NPC from your map.
The other big variable is raids. This approach does nothing to help you with your raids. As Crow has said, you have a finite number of invasions you can get in a day and while this approach helps to manage your Invasion Chance; you have to get your base to a place that raids are lower than invasions.
I keep waiting to see where it falls apart. It takes several days for this protocol to settle in and start producing
. I suspect that there are some adaptive mechanisms in the MM algorithm.
Hope this helps you.